Westway Sports & Fitness Centre, London W10.
To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.
In late 2018, Futsal Arenas Limited (FAL) approached Everyone Active (the operators of Westway, and the second largest leisure centre operator in the UK) about the potential for a Futsal Court.
Westway is an ideal location for FAL. The site already has excellent football provision with 5-a-side, 7-a-side, and a full size 3G floodlit pitch. It also has good changing rooms and café facilities. All of which are excellently managed by Alison and Ian and their Everyone Active (EA) team.
More importantly, this part of London is a hotbed for football. Kids and adults play here all the time. Male & female. All colours and races. It’s the kind of place where football – and particularly Futsal – can thrive; where the game really is FOR ALL.
The available area was a 40m x 30m Court (ostensibly operating as a netball court at that time, but with less than 20% occupancy). Additionally, there was an area 10m wide and 40m long that had a couple of basketball hoops and 3 wallball courts which would be a perfect to re-develop as a ‘Skills Area’.
Futsal Arenas role in the development was as follows;
- Provide costs for the development of the Court including groundworks, flooring, upgrading of lighting, drainage, and the provision of the ancillary facilities including a Teqball table and a Panna Circle to go into the ‘Skills Area’.
- Provide a detailed Profit & Loss projection showing various income streams including pitch hire, leagues, kids after-school clubs, parties, etc. This P&L showed that by increasing occupancy by only a modest amount, the Futsal Court could be an excellent revenue stream for Everyone Active.
- To source and to provide 100% funding for the initial Capital Investment in the facility and agree terms for the repayment of Capital.
- Importantly, agree a 50:50 partnership between FAL and EA for the ongoing promotion and development of Futsal at Westway.
- Finally, Project Manage the building work and the installation of the Court.
After much preparation, the site opened on Monday 16th March 2020. We were very grateful for the huge support we received at the launch.
We believe this goes to prove how well new, purpose built, Futsal facilities are received by the communities they serve …. and how much latent demand there is within the UK for more
Our huge thanks go to…
- Everyone Active
- Nike Futsal
- Helvecia Women’s Futsal Club
- RisingBallers Women’s Futsal Club
- Genesis Futsal
- FC Passehlona
- Yo Street Soccer
- DH Lighting
- Mark Harrod Ltd